Fighta's Faithful Warriors
ALLEN MORRISON'S SICKLE CELL STORY
Survived for 37+ years with the unfailing love and support of my family, friends, pastors, and above all, God’s mercy, His grace and His miracle working power!
Now, I am URGENTLY IN NEED OF A KIDNEY DONOR. If you are moved to donate, please call 212-659-8024
Welcome to our team page! We will be participating in Embrace Kids Foundation's Heel to Heal Plus Tackle Sickle Cell Walk and 5K on Sunday, May 19th 2019, in Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ. Please support our efforts to make a difference in the lives of children with cancer, blood disorders and other serious health challenges.
You can help make a difference by making a tax-deductible donation. No gift is too small.
Whatever you can give will help - it all adds up! Thank you so much for your support!
- As a baby I cried a lot and my eyes were yellow
- Sickle Cell Crisis – Sickle Cells block circulation – Unbearable joint, stomach and other pains! Blood Transfusions.
- Hospitalizations – multiple hospitalizations!
- Spontaneous erections as a child– Imagine having an erection you cannot control neither time or place! Ouch!
- Enlarged Spleen and heart, Chest pains, Rapid Heart Rate
- Crisis reaction in extreme hot and cold
- Sickle Cell Ulcers – My foot would develop deep painful sores. These began at age 20.
- Renal Failure in 2006 – Dialysis for 6 months before I received a donated kidney, from my mom, which lasted 11 years.
- Blood Exchanges were given twice a month to replace all my sickled blood with new oxygenated blood. Thanks to all donors.
- Dialysis began in 2018 when my donated kidney failed. I am praying for a compatible kidney donor.
- Pain patches & Dilaudid for pain management.
- Some compassionate and empathetic nurses while some are uncaring.
- Constant headaches
- Emotional trauma – Will I live? Will I die? Can I marry? Can I have children? Why did God do this to me? There is no God!
- Restrictions on activities due to shortness of breath
- Difficulty maintaining a job due to hospitalizations
- Loneliness – Despite family and friends, I do feel alone at times
- Some very supportive friends
ONE OF MANY NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES,
BUT GOD SENDS HIS ANGELS
At the age of five while hospitalized, my hemoglobin level dropped to 2.5 g/dL, my veins collapsed, and I needed a transfusion. In frustration, the doctor threw the needle down and said that I will not live to see the next morning, and there is nothing more he can do. Thank God for sending an angel, nurse Carlotta Sinclair, who told my grandmother not to worry because she will try her best. With God’s guidance and this nurse’s perseverance, she found a vein in my foot to administer the blood. I endured and survived this and many more near death experiences. My many angels include my mom, dad, sister, grandmother, aunts, uncles, cousins, childern, girlfriend, pastors, doctors, nurses, friends …
ADVICE TO MY FELLOW SICKLE CELL FIGHTERS
It is not over until it is. While God gives us life – WE LIVE.
Keep the Faith. Take your meds. Maintain close family relationships. Find something
to give you hope and reason to live – My children are my strength, pride, joy, and determination to live. Eat Well.
Join a support group. Go to church. Pray.
Exercise. Love. DON’T GIVE UP!
HOW TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT?
- Support a mom – sit with her child in hospital when she cannot, pray…
- Support a patient – transport to hospital, visit, pray, call, …
- Donate to Sickle Cell Research and to Team Fighta
- Join in my sickle walk – 19th May 2019
Tackle Sickle Cell and Embrace Kids Foundation
The Tackle Sickle Cell Campaign is a partnership between the McCourty twins and Embrace Kids Foundation and aims to educate the public, increase blood donors and raise money & awareness for the fight against sickle cell disease.
Embrace Kids Foundation was founded in 1991 and is located in New Brunswick, NJ. The Foundation assists families whose children have cancer, sickle cell and other blood disorders in the NJ/NYC metropolitan area. The goal is to address and support spiritual, emotional and financial issues of the kids and their families. All programs and services are free to families and include emergency financial assistance, individualized tutoring, counseling, and inspirational events and holiday parties.
Any contribution will help! All donations are 100% tax-deductible.